Followers

Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Colouring Fur Tutorial


Hi Everyone, it's Faye here :)

Today, I'm sharing a Tutorial on how I colour Fur. But, before I get to that, I wanted to talk about Copic Marker Housework. You know how when you get a new Marker, it's lovely and clean, full and juicy, and colours really well? Oh, I love Markers when they're like that! So, I make a point of keeping my Copics as clean, and full as possible. Especially some of my tricky friends. Yes, I'm talking about you, E11, E04, E29, R85. You know who you are.

Recently, I've been a little busy, and my Copic Marker Housework has seriously lapsed. (Slap my wrist.) I was already thinking I was lucky to be getting away with it. And then I started my Tutorial on colouring fur. I got three steps in, and my Copics went on strike. No more playing nicely. They wanted a drink, and they wanted a bath. So, when you're Markers start going patchy, shiny, and won't blend, this is what they're trying to tell you!


Now all my T Greys are happy, although I was a bit grumpy I had to start again! The image I have used is an adorable monkey, called Under the Weather Chester, from Little Miss Muffet Stamps.

When I colour fur, I like to dab on layers of colour, working from dark to light and then again, to give lots of texture. No smooth colouring at all. Let's make a start...

 T3

T1

T3

T0

Colourless Blender

T1 and T3

T0

Repeat if you want :)

But I can't leave Chester half coloured, he's sad enough already...


I wasn't happy with this card and thought it needed something more. So I stamped a second cloud, added a few extra dots of grey, and popped it up on foam pads. Much better...


Copics Used...

Fur: T0, T1, T3
Eyes; C0, C1
Fence/ Boots: T3, T5, T7
White Stripes on T-shirt and Boot Trim: T0, T1
Dark Stripes on T-shirt: T7, T9
Grass: T0, T1
Clouds: C0, C1


Thank you so much for stopping by, have a great day.

4 comments:

ike said...

Oh he looks really cool. What a lovely card. Thank you for the TuT :-)

Hugz
IKE in Greece

My Challenge Blog
My Shop
My Blog
FB Fan Page
Cat Lovers Challenge Blog

Sandra H said...

Thank you for the tutorial what an amazing card l just love the image x

Faye Wynn-Jones said...

Thanks so much for the lovely comments xx

Barbara Sproatmeyer (LM2) said...

Love this image all in grey - really adds to the mood. :)