Followers

Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Glitter Background Tutorial


Hi! I'm Cristina Valenzuela, from Spain.
And it's my turn to provide a Copic Tutorial.

This time I decided to teach how to make a background with glitter.
It's applicable to anything coloured with Copics.

Here, I put glitter in the background, but this can be done on any portion of an image, or all over it.



This is useful to make your glitter any colour you wish.
You will need Copic ink, glue, glitter and brush.



Use a container to mix everything.
Add "glossy accents", a type of glue highly recommended to do this.


My glitter is special "fairy dust", transparent and very bright.


And finally I add my Copic Ink, I used BG000. My background is already lightly coloured with this shade. This is means there is no differences between areas with, and areas without glitter, especially near the drawing, or small areas.

Mix glitter, ink and Glossy Accents with brush.


I add this glitter mixture around my image.


This is finished!
My beautiful image is from Tiddly Inks, she could take shine anywhere in the wings or dress, 
I chose the background.

The Copic colours I have used are:
Skin: E00, E000, E11, E02, E21.
Hair: E43, E53, E55, E57, E51.
Wings: W3, W1.
Dress: C1, C0, C3, T1.



And this is my shiny card.
I hope you like it and you make much use of this little recipe.

See you soon.. Hugs!

6 comments:

BeaCas said...

I love your background... I will try it, i don't have your glitter dust...dou you think i can try a little stickles ranger? Nice card...

BeaCas said...

I love your background... I will try it, i don't have your glitter dust...dou you think i can try a little stickles ranger? Nice card...

Cristina said...

Dear Beatriz, It's easier to do your own color, which have 358 stickles.
As you put up Copic stickles it changes color, and drawing lines are damaged.
Hugs.

Sirpa said...

Beautiful, absolutely wonderful thing!

Sandra H said...

Beautiful card and your colouring is stunning x

Ann Marie Governale said...

Thank you. So pretty!